If you just moved to Baltimore City, you’ve probably realized that driveways aren’t a thing here. So, where do you park your vehicle?
The Baltimore City Parking Authority handles all permits in the city. Their number, address, and hours are as follows:
+1 (443) 573-2800 (ext 819 or 863)
Baltimore Parking Authority
200 West Lombard Street
Baltimore, MD 21201
Monday – Friday
8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
How to obtain a permit:
- Find a physical or reprinted copy of your current lease or proof of residency;
- Find the physical copy of your vehicle’s current registration and;
- Be sure your driver’s license matches the address on your lease and registration—they will ask for this
Note: if the address on your lease and registration is different, you will need to provide evidence of why you need the permit.
Valid evidence includes:
- You are a student with an ID card displaying your current year, or
- You are temporarily living here and have a person who will sign a letter confirming this
If you don’t fall into either of these categories, you will need to discuss your situation with the parking authority directly.
The cost is $20 per year per permit.
Guest or Visitor Passes
Unless you live in area 28, you can also request an additional visitor/guest pass permit for friends and family to use (if you live in area 28, read this article for a workaround).
There is a parking garage directly beside the parking authority (as a bonus, they will provide a parking voucher for the garage upon request)!
That’s it! Once you have your permit, you can park wherever there are signs with your parking area number—confused by the sign types and lingo? Read more about this in my article, Baltimore Parking: Signs, Definitions, and Fees.